Coffee is the latest trend in the food and beverage industry, and there are new and brilliant coffee recipes popping up every day. Millennials are driving demand for more innovative ways to consume their cup of joe, including cold brew and Bulletproof. But you can also enjoy coffee as a delicious ingredient in your summer dishes. From meat rubs to dessert sauces, coffee isn’t just for drinking anymore!
Coffee in Its Natural State
Most high-quality coffee comes from the C. arabica variety of coffee bean. The green coffee beans are contained in small red coffee berries and roasted after harvesting to attain their rich brown color. Because most coffee contains chemical residues from pesticides, organic coffee is worth purchasing if you consume it every day.
Coffee’s Health Benefits
The health benefits of coffee and caffeine are vast, but here are a few of the highlights:
• May reduce the risk of cancer, Parkinson’s disease, diabetes and high blood pressure
• Improves physical performance, memory and mental alertness
• Stimulates digestion and weight loss
Our Favorite Coffee Recipes
If you’ve never tried coffee as a food addition, it’s time to change that! A few of our preferred ways to incorporate coffee include:
• Coffee bean flour: Use coffee bean flour to enhance the flavor and nutritional value of your baked goods! Coffee flour can be substituted for up to 15% of flour in most recipes, but keep in mind you’ll need to add 10-25% more liquid as well.
• Light roast coffee rub for roast beef or pork tenderloin: Combine ground light roast beans with salt, pepper and your spices of choice (we recommend chili powder and paprika), then rub to cover the outside of a roast and cook as you normally would. This makes a great option for summer grilling!
• Mocha sauce: Warm a cup of brewed dark roast coffee on the stove and stir in baking chocolate, butter and sugar until the chocolate has dissolved. You’ll have a lovely mocha sauce to drizzle on top of whipped cream, cakes or fruit.
• Espresso vinaigrette: This one is super simple—just add red wine vinegar, olive oil, honey and instant espresso to a dressing cruet and shake thoroughly. Try it on a breakfast salad with bacon, eggs and avocado, or on this grilled green salad from Bon Appetit.
Keep the Caffeine Buzz Going
Request coffee recipes as part of your event menu with our catering services. Coffee-inspired dishes are always a hit with party guests (hint: you MUST try our triple chocolate espresso brownies!). Contact us to book your next gathering.