Time for a Coquito Cupcake and More…
3/4 C butter, softened
3/4 C granulated sugar
1/3 tsp salt
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs, room temperature
1 1/4 C plus 1 Tablespoon cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 C light coconut milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
3 T Bacardi rum or any light rum
1. Preheat the oven to 385 degrees F.
Start by creaming the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer on medium speed. Add the sugar, salt and spices and continue to mix on medium speed until sugar is fully incorporated and mixture is light and fluffy.
2. Add the eggs, one at a time, until each egg is fully absorbed into the mixture.
3. In a separate bowl, sift the cake flour and baking powder. In another bowl, Combine the coconut milk, vanilla, and rum.
4. Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the mixer, then add 1/3 of the wet. Continue alternating wet and dry mixtures until fully incorporated.
5. Spoon batter into lined cup cake tin and bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick is inserted into the center and comes out clean.
Yields 12-14 cupcakes
1 stick butter, room temperature
1 lb confectioners sugar
1/4 C light coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp light rum
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Sweetened shredded coconut for garnish
1. Cream butter in bowl of electric mixer. Add confectioners sugar until fully combined.
2. Add coconut milk, vanilla, rum and cinnamon. Mix until smooth icing consistency.
3. Pipe onto cupcakes and top with shredded coconut and additional cinnamon if desired.
Gather and Enjoy
Appreciate the ability to enjoy good food, quality conversation
and life's sweetest moments!
Stay Up To Date
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive cooking tips, recipes and the latest news and updates with About the Table!